Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lots of Thoughts

Hello, hello!

There's been a lot of things that have been popping up in my brain over the past couple days that I've been dying to discuss. It seems like each time I finally decide on a topic to talk too much about, another one comes to mind that seems just a tad bit more brilliant than the last.

So due in part to my very decisive nature, ha ha ha, I've decided to mash all my thoughts into one, random, multiple-topic post. I figure this way I won't forget to comment on my new favorite celebrity crush Sunday night TV show or the latest article I read in 11Athletics.

And, hey, ya never know, maybe one of these topics will strike someone's fancy and they'll actually throw a comment my way..... hmmmm... wishful thinking :)

Alright, so let's jump right into the good stuff.... Chris Powell.
Okay, just kidding.... I meant to bring up Extreme Makeover Weight loss Edition.
It's on ABC on Sunday nights and has, unfortunately, caught the eye and attention of my roommate and I. I use the word unfortunately, because the show is 2 hours long and is on until 11:00pm, which does absolutely nothing good for my routine Sunday night pledge to get up and workout before work on Monday mornings. 
But besides making waking up the next morning difficult, and having someone pretty to stare at for 2 hours, the show is good stuff. It takes place over the course of one whole year, and follows 1 individual in their struggles and successes when it comes to losing weight.... the natural way: good ole' eating right and exercising. Too many of us are trying to find quick fixes - pills, 7 day juice cleanses, body wraps, to help lose weight, and this show reiterates to America that losing weight isn't just that simple. It takes time, discipline, and determination, and that's why I love this show.... well, for the most part ;)


Alright, moving on to something a bit more local, actually, really local because it's right here in Columbus - 11Athletics Magazine! 

If you've been to any of the marathon expos, races or triathlons around the area in the past year or so, it's very likely that you've seen the magazine. I've worked with the "editor in chief" of the magazine in past internships and bouts of employment, and a lot of what I know about the whole fitness/health/nutrition world came from him, so I imagine each magazine is nothing short of awesome. 
But anyway, enough name dropping on my part, I bring the magazine up because last night while manning the front desk at my supplemental evening gym job, I happened upon a stray 11athletics magazine and quickly began to devour the countless stories, tips and interviews that makes the magazine so great. One of the articles that really hit home with me was some words of wisdom from the chief and editor himself. 
I apologize for not being able to pull excerpts from the actual piece, but the basic gist of it was that everyone is competing at something. I won't say too much more for fear of plagiarism, haha, but for me, being sidelined from ankle surgery, it's hard for me to say that I'm competing. I've been going to and seeing lots of athletes compete in triathlons and races and it's disappointing and torture to not be out there, but while I'm not running my heart out on races or trying to stay above water in a triathlon, I'm competing against my injury. 
And if you read the magazine, you'll see that it's just not in fitness and sporting events that people can be competing. I'm not sure if this specific article is on the website, but if you find the time, go to the website I linked above and check it out... you won't regret it. 

AAAAAnd on that note, I've typed, talked, blabbed, ran on waaaay too much, and it's Bachelorette DVR time with my girlfriends anyway. 

Stay Healthy,

Oh! I almost forgot! My boss has an article in the magazine as well! Check it out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment