Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July and Goat Cheese

Hi guys!

I hope everyone had a fantastic and safe 4th of July! 
I don't know about you, but it's been a weird week. With the power out at the office on Monday and the 4th of July holiday, it hasn't felt like the right day of the week in days! 

Anyways, so, I live super close to all the hustle and bustle of the big city so it's nice when big events such as Red White and Boom and Comfest and the Columbus marathon come to town I don't have to worry about traffic or parking. Any guesses as to what I did Tuesday evening?

Yep! Red White and Boom! I hobbled my way down the street to see the fireworks show,  but not before meeting up with a group of friends at my apartment. 

Lately one of my friends has been bringing over fun little appetizers (most likely as a result of too much Pinterest browsing or too many skewers lying around) for us to enjoy. On Tuesday she brought over.... 

Watermelon Mint Goat Cheese Skewers!

Apparently they were supposed to be drizzled with balsamic vinegar, but I enjoyed them as is (or was?) They were very flavorful and refreshing... definitely an A+ in my book. 

Here are some pictures from Red White and Boom for the heck of it:




Stay Healthy,

Did anyone else see fireworks? Red White and Boom?
I'm kind of bummed I didn't get to use any sparklers. 


What are your thoughts on goat cheese?
I love goat cheese! I get so fired up when people turn their noses up to it right away. I personally think it's one of the more milder cheeses out there.... don't discriminate just because it's from a goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment