Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Purple Vegetable Pizzas

Hello, Hello, Hello. 

I hope everyone is doing swimmingly well today and ready for a new recipe. 

Typically when I do my grocery shopping I never make a list because I buy the saaaame thing each Sunday. There's really no need to make a list when I know exactly what I need and where it is in the store. So the other day when I was making my routine trek from the tomatoes and avocados to the salads, I came across a huge bin of eggplants. YUM! Along with those eggplants were a sign that read : 10 for $10. EVEN MORE YUM! 15 minutes later I left the store with all my usual staples and an eggplant. My culinary plans for my purple vegetable were lame and boring - chop it up, toss in some olive oil and pepper, throw it in my oven and call it a meal.

But instead of being my typical, boring, routine-self, I took to my laptop and pulled up some of my favorite blogs. Okay, it was only 1... had I not been on a time crunch to consume dinner before my friends came over for our routine showing of the Bachelorette, I probably could have spent 4 hours perusing through blogs trying to find a good, NOT BORING recipe for my eggplant friend. But alas, trashy tv called and I set out to re-create a recipe found on KERF .....

drum roll please....

EGGPLANT PIZZAS!
Far from the real stuff, but still tasty enough to appease my pizza cravings.

Ingredients included:
  • eggplant sliced into discs
  • olive oil
  • tomato paste
  • fire roasted tomatoes 
  • mozzarella cheese
  • seasonings

Directions Were Easy:

  • slice eggplants into discs
  • rub discs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
  • cook in oven for about 20 min at 400*
  • flip eggplants
  • add tomato paste and fire roasted tomatoes on top
  • top with seasonings and cheese
  • bake 10 min more


I used Italian seasoning and garlic powder for some additional flavor.

I enjoyed my pizzas with a side salad, which was eaten before I could snap a photo... bad blogger, oops. 

Let me know what you guys think when you try the recipe out! 

Stay Healthy,

No comments:

Post a Comment