Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Go Nuts for Snacks!

Good Morning!

Remember me???? Ya'll can take up any issues stemming from my lack of presence on the online world with my bride-to-be friends... for some reason they think that their wedding showers and events take precedence over my healthy eating tips.... bridezillas I tell ya!

Hee.... just trying to be funny :)

Things have been decently good on the nutrition practice side of things... I'm seeing several new patients and have just as many internal cringes when I hear about their daily eating habits.

(Please, guys, do not go more than 4 hours without eating something. And let's not forget about breakfast.... EAT IT - preferably within 90 minutes of waking up). Thanks :)

Alright, back to this eat every 4 hours business. I'm sure at least 57% of you have heard of the whole "feed the fire" analogy...
- to keep a fire burning, you need to give it fuel 
- to keep your metabolism burning, you need to give it fuel 
Got it?! Understood?!

Now, on the other side of the spectrum, I'm sure the other 43% of you have said, on several hundred occasions, "I don't have time to eat." On these occasions I put on a smile and say nuts.

Almonds. Walnuts. Pistachios. Peanuts even!  

The above picture is an appropriate serving size for a snack - right around 100 calories - roughly a handful. For those of you type A, I need an exact measurement folks, it's right around 1/8 of a cup:

Let's be real for a minute here. Consuming the above quantity of nuts can be done in what, 2 minutes? So don't give me that "I don't have time to eat" baloney! It's bologna!!!! 

Pack them in a ziplock bag. A paper towel. A plastic container. Stuff them in your serving apron or your purse. Please keep them on hand.... you'll thank me... eventually. I promise. 

Go nuts!

Stay Healthy,

No comments:

Post a Comment