Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Go-To Dinner

Morning!

I'll tell ya what, there is nothing worse than waking up at 5am for a morning spinning class, only to get there and find out that the class is already full! I decided to make the most of getting up early and ended up doing a few weight exercises, which are, not by any means, my favorite thing to do, but they sure are important when it comes to building muscle and preventing further skeletal problems down the road.

But anyway, I do have a few extra minutes this morning, and I wanted to share with you guys what I had for dinner last night:

Chicken, brussels sprouts and sweet potato rounds. Yum. 

When I'm not quite sure what I want for dinner, I usually turn to chicken, veggies and some sort of potato. My go to method for preparing chicken comes from a recipe I found years ago in a health magazine. It's easy, tasty and healthy. Check it out:
The topping on the chicken is a basic mixture of 
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
  • Pepper and garlic salt to taste
Mix all the above ingredients together, and spread, or pat, the cheese mixture on top of raw chicken. I either use 2 chicken tenders or 1 chicken breast and have the perfect amount of topping.
Place on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. 

When I have my oven going, I usually throw the other parts of my meal on the baking sheet as well:
I tossed the brussels sprouts with some olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and the sweet potato with some cinnamon and cumin. You can find the basic recipes of these right here

It's a good and easy meal! So next time you're stuck on what to make for dinner, try my go to chicken! 

I tried to play around with the natural light coming in from my kitchen window. I think I should probably stick to nutrition....


Have a good Wednesday guys!

Stay Healthy,

No comments:

Post a Comment