Friday, April 27, 2012

In Your Kitchen

Good Afternoon!

Last weekend I made a trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on things that I find more expensive at your typical Kroger or Giant Eagles. (almonds, peanut butter, cheese, chicken, everything) When I got to cooking later that night, I realized that I unintentionally bought a lot of chicken - hence, the recent influx of chicken recipes. Chicken sometimes has the reputation of being boring and bland and boring, but I'm really excited to share with you guys a very popular meal that can easily be recreated in your very own kitchen...

I was a superwoman blogger while making this dinner, so I have lots of pictures to share and more importantly, to take the place of my attempts to be smart and entertaining. 

So remember when I mentioned a popular meal that could be recreated in your kitchen? (2 lines above.... there ya go) well, that mentioned popular meal was.......

Chipotle Burrito Bowls! 

Cut up some chicken and peppers and then saute them with a little bit of butter and any other spices that your little heart desires. (I stayed pretty basic with some pepper and cumin)


I was a smart little cookie, and cooked up more chicken than I would need for my dinner and then placed what I wasn't using in a container for a quick lunch or dinner during the work week:


While my chicken and veggies were cooking, I made some brown rice with some shakes of cilantro. Had I been a real superwoman, I would have used fresh cilantro... but unfortunately it came from a bottle.
Once everything was good to go, I placed the rice in a bowl with the chicken and pepps on top and then sprinkled some cheese on top:
Followed by lots of fresh salsa from Trader Joe's:

Here it is close up.... yummmm!

And what's a Mexican dish without some avocado:
All together now!!!

This is an excellent meal that contains protein, whole grain carbs, healthy fats, and vegetables... all for a reasonable amount of calories!

Have you ever tried to replicate a favorite dish or meal you've had at a restaurant?

Have a good and healthy weekend guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment