Friday, March 9, 2012

Songs that Motivate

Hola and happy Friday!

I'm in a particularly good mood today. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I found out my apartment building is replacing our back patio door and windows next week, or the fact that I can officially throw my hair into a messy bun... but since this is the least of any of your guys' worries... let move onward and talk about what gets you moving or what pumps you up.

As I've said before - eating the right foods is key to a healthy body, but so is exercise. And if you don't have the luxury of a good looking, male personal trainer on a weekly basis to get your butt into gear, the only person who can really get you movin' is yourself. And while there are SO many different ways and methods to do so, only you know what it is you need to work up a good sweat.

How do you motivate yourself to workout?

Music is the one thing that will always fire up my motivation to work out. Whether it be while I run, during a spinning class or even at a gym while doing torture moves to help my ankle... I love it.

I've been listening to my ipod for many, many miles in the past couple years and there are still songs that always seem to make the cut.... here are my
Top 5 Workout / Motivation / Inspiration Songs:
(please take note that you are entering a judgement-free zone
  1. Heart of a Champion - Nelly 
  2. Firework - Katy Perry
  3. Till I Collapse - Eminem 
  4. Extraordinary - Liz Phair 
  5. Shut Up - Trick Daddy

Fitness Magazine has several different "Best of..." playlists for working out to... here are their top 10 picks for "Best Workout Songs of ALL TIME...."
  1. "Get Down Tonight" - KC and the Sunshine Band
  2. "Rock and a Hard Place" - The Rolling Stones 
  3. "Dancing with Myself" - Billy Idol 
  4. "Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor 
  5. "Burning Up" - Madonna 
  6. "Beat It" - Michael Jackson 
  7. "Walk This Way" - Run-DMC 
  8. "Strike It Up" - Black Box 
  9. "Seven Nation Army" - The White Stripes
  10. "Stronger" - Kanye West

Thoughts? Comments? Agree? Disagree? Gettin down tonight?
Or are you so motivated already that you've stopped reading my blog and are already out the door and in your car on the way to the gym?


What are your favorite songs to workout to?


Have an awesome and safe weekend!

and stay healthy,


No comments:

Post a Comment