Thursday, February 9, 2012

Splurges.

Confession #1: I love chocolate. 
Confession #2: I love chocolate and peanut butter even more. 
Confession #3: I had frozen yogurt last night. 
Confession #4: I don't feel bad about it. 
I debated skipping over this post, but I wanted to show readers that it is okay to every now and then, opt for the chocolate and ice cream in lieu of the frozen fruit for that little after dinner sweet treat. 

I'm going to repeat that above paragraph... just so I know you guys are getting the correct message:
I debated skipping over this post, but I wanted to show readers that it is okay to every now and then, opt for the chocolate and ice cream in lieu of the frozen fruit for that little after dinner sweet treat.
Are we on the same page? 
Good. 
I'd hate to hear rumors tomorrow that I'm telling everyone frozen yogurt every night is acceptable, because it's not. 
Once a month - sure. 
Once a day - no way.

As with any splurge, it's important to realize that even though it is a special treat, it should still be an acceptable portion. A lot of people have the mentality that if they are going to "splurge" they are going to "go all out." This not only sends your blood sugar levels through the roof, but it sets yourself up for continued bad behaviors down the road.

Self-serve frozen yogurts are all the rage these days - probably for the variety of flavors and endless toppings. Read this article before your next visit (to save calories and dollars):

Moderation is the key.

Stay Healthy,


No comments:

Post a Comment