Thursday, July 12, 2012

God's Gift to His Injured Ones

G'Afternoon!

Things have been going really well with physical therapy and my ankle (I know ya'll were just dying to know). So good in fact that they only want to see my pretty face twice a week - I'm balancing on it, doing squats, lunges, stepping up stairs.... big stuff I tell ya! 

So why after only 10 weeks of intense, major surgery (direct from the horse's mouth) am I able to do so much with such little inflammation? 

Well, besides the fact that I'm awesome (How I Met Your Mother, anyone?) I owe lots and lots of credit to my new best friend:
Now I'm not one to shove a bunch of supplements and products down peoples' throats, but, BUY THIS!

Haha, kidding, but seriously, I honestly believe that taking this supplement post surgery has really helped the healing process and is why I'm in such good shape - speaking in terms of getting my foot back to working  running  mobile condition - not my fitness, ha!

This particular supplement is for acute conditions (ie sprains, strains, tears) of the ligaments, tendons and muscles. 
It does things like...
  • supports the body's normal connective-tissue repair and synthesis process
  • supports healthy joints and muscles
  • supports bone growth and the synthesis of cartilage
  • contains buckwheat, which supports the body's natural anti-inflammatory response
  • contains others fun stuff like manganese and Vitamins A, E and C (all good for connective tissue)
There is a second product called, surprise, surprise - Ligaplex II. This one is for more long term support. 
As soon as I'm back to running marathons half marathons 10k's (ha, right) you bet I'll be taking it. 

So all my athletes....something to think about... especially if you find yourself injured a lot or if you're coming to see Dr. Alexander for soft tissue torture sessions. 

Stay Healthy,



No comments:

Post a Comment