Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Fun

Hey guys!

There seems to be A LOT going on in the wonderful city of Columbus this weekend:

  • Capital City Half Marathon (and quarter and 5k)
  • Cinco de Mayo
  • Short North Gallery Hop
  • Columbus Clippers baseball in town
  • The President of the USA visiting Ohio State on Saturday

Anyone partaking in any of the above events? I'm curious to see how this whole half marathon race and Obama's appearance pan out. I wonder if there has ever been a road race that includes running through metal detectors... just a thought. 


So in light of all the fun stuff going on, I wanted to switch gears for a moment and do a fun, light-hearted post to kick things off. I think a lot of people who are trying to lose weight, eat healthier and exercise more sometimes get too wrapped up and uptight about everything. Eating healthy should be a lifestyle, not a prison sentence. With that being said, here are some fun things/photos I'd like to share with everyone. 

The Onion.
This was a big deal in mine and my roommate's summer last year. Each morning we would wake up to see noteworthy, overnight growth. We might have even discussed taking the story to the local news at one point we were that amazed. We suspected we had an alien onion, however a less than amused response from my roommate's mom proved otherwise. 

What can I say, it's the little things in life that amuse us!

My Best Follower and My Worst Critic.
My little sister, Kelsey, is a regular reader huge, die-hard fan of Everyday Eating. However, she is also a die-hard fan of calling me out certain things said on the blog. Drinking whole milk and only having 1 adult beverage on St. Patrick's Day are just the beginning of her bratty little sister comments. (haha, kidding). So in effort to prove her wrong, I decided to document some evidence. Remember my post on new ideas for dates - The Dating World? Well, here ya go:
Me and my perfect grip at the driving range. 

Healthiest Appetizer Option at Happy Hour:


Health-IER Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Last Thursday my sister and her two friends drove over from Athens for a concert at Nationwide arena (Eric Church and Brantley Gilbert). Me, being the overachiever and people pleaser that I am, wanted to have a little something for the girls once they arrived at my apartment. Since I'm all about finding ways to make things a little less bad for you, I whipped up some chocolate chip cookies, using some yogurt in lieu of eggs and some of the butter. I found a recipe online that I used, with a few modifications due to lack of supplies:

  •  preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake cookies for 8-10 minutes  

    • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup butter
    • 1/2 cup plain nonfat Chobani Greek yogurt
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 1 cup white whole wheat flour
    • 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 
The good thing about these guys is they taste great... the girls said they were, and I quote - "phenomenal" without even knowing they were a bit healthi-fied.

Well, that's all the fun things I have for now. I could go on forever, but that would mean less reasons for ya'll to come back.

Everyone have an awesome, safe and fun weekend.
Make the best out of every situation.

Stay Healthy,


No comments:

Post a Comment