Friday, March 23, 2012

Oats in a Jar

Morning guys!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic start to their Friday!

I started mine off with a terrible 1 mile run (injuries are THE WORST) but managed to salvage the morning by enjoying this delicious jar of goodness:
Yep. That's a jar of peanut butter. 
Nope. It is not full of peanut butter. 
but it is....
....full of banana oatmeal!

In past years, I've been known to have meltdowns over discovering that my jar of peanut butter was just about gone (slight large exaggeration) but now I do a small victory dance in my kitchen at the thought of having an almost empty jar of peanut butter... why you ask?

Because. Pouring your morning serving of oatmeal into the jar is the perfect way to finish off that last little hard-to-reach bit of peanut butter you always would throw out. It's genius - not only are you getting your money's worth by literally finishing off the entire jar, you are also saving yourself one less dish to clean. 

I topped mine with some amazing strawberries (2 for $4 at Kroger this week) and a little sprinkle of granola.... divine I tell you....just simply divine. 
Now before you go off pouring oatmeal into a half-full jar of peanut butter... watch out for some hidden dangers....
  • Yes, peanut butter is the best food ever consumed in history, but do be mindful that it is a high calorie food. When it comes to topping oatmeal with peanut butter, stick to 1 tablespoon for 100 calories (do your best to judge 1 tablespoon when using the empty jar method)
  • A lot of peanut butter jars are plastic. Oatmeal is very hot. Do the math. Let your oatmeal cool a bit before pouring it into a plastic jar. 

Are we all on the same page? 
Awesome... now I better not see any almost-empty jars of peanut butter in Columbus' dumpsters... or empty jars with added sugar in the ingredients.....

Stay Healthy,



1 comment:

  1. I totally have an almost empty jar of peanut butter in my cupboard :)

    ReplyDelete