So this morning that is exactly what I did...
- Pour 1/3 cup milk of your choice (I'm on a big almond kick) and 1/3 cup water into your pot
- Chop up small apple into pieces and gently toss into pot of liquid
- Oh yeah, turn your stove on...
- Toss in 1/3 cup of oatmeal and let it all boil until your desired consistency
- Add cinnamon and a small pinch of brown sugar - being mindful of course that we consume, on average 170 pounds of the sweet granules per year .... (for those of you who are bad with averages and numbers: that's a lot)
- Scoop in a scant tablespoon of peanut butter and enjoy!
- Nutritional Breakdown for 1/3 Cup Measurements:
- Small Apple - 80 calories
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk - 14 calories
- 1/3 cup water - 0 calories
- 1/3 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oatmeal - 100 calories
- Cinnamon - 0 calories
- Pinch Brown Sugar - 5-15 calories
- Tablespoon of Peanut Butter - 100 calories
- Total = 310 calories
So not only is this an excellent breakfast on the nutritional side of things... it is mighty tasty as well. Yep, I said mighty, so go try it!