Monday, July 30, 2012

The Not-So-Surprise-Anymore-Birthday Bread

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! I spend the majority of mine watching the Olympics and experimenting with my 400m 10m individual medley strokes in my apartment pool with my roommate. It was fun not only pretending to be Olympic swimmers, but also acting like we were 5 years old - it's the little things in life, right?

RIGHT!

Anyway, I digress... time to bring the blog back to serious matters, like strawberry banana bread.

My little sister has a birthday today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) and as any twenty-something-post-college-grad can relate, a good portion of my monetary funds are shelled out to Sallie Mae on a seemingly weekly basis, so the hopes of my sister getting a Target gift card over $20 are pretty unlikely - well, very unlikely, actually, it's not going to happen.

So in addition to my sweetheart text message she received this morning, she also gets the privilege of enjoying a homemade loaf of strawberry banana bread! Wooo!

I had some pretty brown-looking bananas sitting on my kitchen counter, and knowing my sister's love for banana bread and her lack of motivation to bake anything not from a box, I figured it would be the perfect idea for a birthday present (let's just hope she doesn't read this before this evening)

I grabbed the recipe from one of my favorite bloggers at Daily Garnish.

Fun side note - I actually saw the blogger behind this blog in the middle of my first marathon down in Cincinnati. I didn't say hi for fear of embarassment or because of pain from my 5 inch deep blisters that surfaced around mile 4. 
The recipe is super simple. I took pictures of my computer, from which I was reading the instructions from my kitchen.. If it's too hard to see from the pictures... head on over to the specific link for the recipe:
Strawberry-Banana Bread.

There might be a missing end piece.
I would never give anyone something I baked without trying it first ;)

Stay Healthy,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY!


No comments:

Post a Comment